Ashriel_:)

re: Macros I use for Arms and Prot

I'll Start with the Prot macros

Devastate:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Devastate
/cast Deadly Calm

This will cast Deadly Calm every time its available Freeing up rage for more threat. The Startattack allows me to not worry about actually targeting the next mob or going out of combat once one mob dies and there are more to kill.

AOE Macro

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat/3 Thunder Clap,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave
/cast Retaliation

I use this to free up buttons on my bar. Its a slightly modified version of the same macro for my AOE dps. What is happening here is again the startattack for the same reason. The macro casts Thunder clap and if not hit again within 3 seconds resets but if its an AOE ground I can spam it since Cleave is off the GCD and just keep cleaving everything until its time to Thunder clap for the debuff again or the mobs die. once I leave combat it resets. When doing AOE content it also triggers Retaliation so that the next 20 hits i take automatically hit back improving my AOE threat yet again.

Heroic strike/demo shout/disarm

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=2.25 Heroic Strike,Demoralizing Shout,Disarm

This macro allows me to keep up demo shout as the tank and auto disarm mobs that can actually be disarmed, which aren't many.

Shield slam/Shield Block

#showtooltip Shield Slam
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam
/use Earthen Handguards

This one combines Shield slam and Shield block into one button maximizing the up time of Shield Block. It also Triggers my Eng tinker on my gloves if you aren't an engineer just remove that line.

Shield Wall

#showtooltip Shield wall
/cast Shield wall
/use Hardened Elementium Girdle
/use Impatience of Youth

When triggered it also activates the survival cool downs on my trinket and belt(eng tinker) This improves the survival ability greatly for me.

Charge macro if you have Warbringer talented

#showtooltip
/castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept, Charge; [help] Intervene;

this macro allows you to combine all your charges into one button and if you target a friendly target get to them fast.

ok that concludes my tank specific macros now for my DPS macros

DPS AOE

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat/10 Thunder Clap,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave,Cleave

As previously mentioned this is almost the same as the tanking version but instead of resetting every 3 seconds Its every 10 so that i have more time to hit cleave since Thunder clapping to keep the debuff up is all i am doing and cleave hits allot harder.

Heroic Strike/ Rend

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/target Rend,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike,Heroic Strike

This macro saves a button while at the same time guaranteeing that i rend my target. It will only reset if i change targets or leave combat. It will rend which will then be refreshed every time i mortal strike and then keep up Heroic strike from then on out. Yes technically it will eventually get back to the rend but an occasional refresh is better than forgetting to rend Maloriak after going back on him after adds, as an example.

Mortal Strike/trinket or gloves

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Mortal Strike
/use Gravitational Pull

This keeps me attacking in AOE packs once a mob dies while also using my eng tinker every time its available

Slam

#showtooltip
/cast slam
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness

Here i have Deadly Calm and Recklessness macro'd to Slam so that I maximize up time of both those abilities.

That concludes my DPS macros now onto General Macros

Stance/gear/talents macro

/cast [spec:1] Defensive Stance; [spec:2] Battle Stance
/equipset [spec:1] Tank ; DPS
/in 2 /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1

This macro requires the addon "Slashin" to work which allows the 2 second delay in the macro. I am uncertain how this addon will effect any other macro this is the only one i use it in. What this does is with one button i can switch back and forth with 1 click and change all my gear, talents and stance.

Shout/ orc Racial

#showtooltip
/cast Commanding Shout
/cast Blood Fury

every time If i double pump the key it triggers Blood fury as well and from that point on pressing it once will trigger one or the other which ever is off CD. this is to maximize Blood Fury up time. switching out Battle shout for Commanding shout works the same way giving me a macro's version of both shouts.

Super Ranged Macro

#showtooltip Shoot
/cast Heroic Throw
/cast [equipped:thrown] !Throw; !Shoot

This macro will either Heroic Throw, check ranged weapon type and either shout or Throw. All on one Key

and thats my warrior Macros.
Ashriel_:)

re: Macros I use for Arms and Prot

While Still functional these are outdated and I no longer use these. All my abilities are macro'd To stance dance as Arms. Without stance dancing arms isn't competitive with Fury. It's not a difficult thing to do. I also changed the make up of many of the macros beyond the stance dancing to compensate for the slight edition of lag and the incompatibility of some abilities and stances. If I get time I will post my current macros as of 4.3
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Demon Lords Forum Index -> Warrior All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: